Old March 7th 07, 07:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tim Roll-Pickering Tim Roll-Pickering is offline

Default Gospel Oak-Barking

wrote:

(And for
that matter Forest Gate-Wanstead Park isn't a valid out of station
interchange so I doubt you could buy a ticket there.)

This is something that needs work when London Overground starts, I
think. There are a fair few walkable interchanges on these lines that
could do with being valid interchanges and better signposting - Forest
Gate/Wansted Park, Hackney, Camden, Walthamstow. With some investment
I think these could make a fair difference to how useful these lines
are.

Forest Gate/Wanstead Park is quite well signposted at the Forest Gate end -
there's a clear sign at the main exit to turn left and it's hard to miss
Wanstead Park.

Why these two stations aren't a valid interchange is beyond me - they're a
darnsight closer then even the extremities of some stations, let alone many
boroughs and towns where street level interchange is valid. But can London
Overground do anything about this when they will only operate one station?
(I guess that they could, however, do something for stations like Leyton
where TfL will operate both.)