Old March 8th 07, 03:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Bob Wood Bob Wood is offline

Default When does Oyster pre pay turn into a travelcard?

In ,
Frank Incense typed:

If I take my Oyster PP out and get on a tube from say Z4 to Zone2 or
1even then get on a bus followed by returning from the Z1 to Z4 how
much will i be deducted for what is 3 serperate journeys in total?

Thanks - Bit new to all this

If relying on Pre-Pay, an Oystercard will never become a Travelcard.
What it does is to cap the day's spending at 50p less than the
appropriate Travelcard for the journeys made. It can never become a
Travelcard because it can never be used on most National Rail services.

The answer to your question about how much you would be charged for each
of the three journeys is confused by the fact that you did not say on
what day and at what time you would be making the journeys - and also
by the fact that the peak/off-peak OysterPP tube fare hours do not
coincide with the hours for peak/off-peak Travelcards (although I don't
think that these three journeys would reach the capping limit at
whatever time you made them).

There are two things that you need to remember. Firstly OysterPP will
always be capped 50p cheaper than the corresponding Travelcard - but
secondly, OysterPP is not valid on most National Rail services; so if
your journey includes National Rail it will be cheaper to get a
Travelcard.

--
Bob