Old March 9th 07, 07:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Photography underground

"Ian Jelf" wrote in message

Every time this subject has come up before it has been found that that
link
refers to commercial filming only. Happy snaps are allowed except flash
and
tripods are not permitted.

Yes, I would have thought the same thing I(and have certainly taken
photographs in the past without any incident).

However, the FAQ does seem to impose a blanket ban (or rather charging
regime). Anyone know anything different that they can actually point to
in written form?

If you go into 'Ask Tube' and search on the word 'photography', it reads as
follows:

Q. Do I need permission to film or take photographs on the tube?

A. You may take personal photographs on the Tube, but you MUST NOT use
flash.

For information on filming or taking professional photographs on the tube,
please [click here]

(the link takes you to the commercial filming section linked earlier) I
think its about time somone much more interested in photography than me
tried to get them to change the website.

Paul