Old March 12th 07, 04:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Foxy DLR

On Mar 12, 4:04 pm, Larry Lard wrote:
Martyn Dawe wrote:
On 9 Mar 2007 23:59:18 -0800, "MIG"
wrote:

On Mar 9, 6:56 pm, "alex_t" wrote:
I just saw fox running near the rails at the Bow Church DLR station :-
It ran through the length of the platform, then crossed the rails and
went to the garden nearby.

I was a bit more surprised when I saw a fox come down from the
footbridge and wander across platform 5/6 at London Bridge, given that
the whole station is on a viaduct.

there are polenty of fox's in the city , I saw one in my road eating
the remains of someone's rejected takeaway.

Simon Jenkins had a piece in Friday's Guardian on the rise of the urban
fox - apparently, because shooting is so much more efficient for fox
extermination than hunting was, countryside ain't safe for foxes any more!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/story/0,,2030008,00.html

Hunting never had anything to do with extermination, did it? I
thought it was about getting your kicks from torturing animals to
death. For that, the population must not be kept down or it spoils
the fun.