Old March 12th 07, 10:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london
peter peter is offline

Default Thameslink

"Jack Taylor" wrote in message
peter wrote:
I will be travelling from London (Kings Cross Thames link) (KCM) to
Brighton on a Saver return (£24). (I am aware of the alternatives
via London Victoria, but will be arriving at Kings Cross from the
North so thought that would be easier.) I will be returning to London
a couple of days later, but need to get to Waterloo (to catch the
Eurostar). My question is will my return ticket to (KCM) allow me to
alight at London Bridge (LBG) to catch a train to Waterloo East
(WAE). Or will I just break my journey at LBG and take the jubilee
line to Waterloo (I still should have some PAYG credit on my Oyster
card).

If your ticket is a Saver (which is non-operator specific), then you would
be better off taking a Brighton Express service (Southern Railway,
http://www.southernrailway.com) from Brighton to Clapham Junction and
changing there onto any South West Trains (http://www.swtrains.co.uk)
service intoWaterloo mainline. It will be much faster (stopping only at
East Croydon) and will deliver you onto the main concourse at Waterloo.

Thanks Jack, (and the others that have replied)
Not sure what will be marked in the ticket (it may be FCC only) as when
playing with the journey planner using London (generic) to Brighton it comes
up with the £24 return from London Bridge (same as the fare from KCM) but
it shows a fare of £24.90 from Victoria. So maybe the £24 will be marked as
FCC only and the £24.90 is the "any permitted" . I will wait and decide what
to do when I get the printed ticked in my hot little hand
cheers
Peter
Sydney