Old October 20th 03, 07:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
chris chris is offline

Default Another Tube derailment - Camden Town

I now do not use the underground unless it is an imperative, I have a
bus pass. I would object strongly if one pound is given to the
underground private companies at the moment, immediately they were
privatised they took 40p of every pound to pay the directors and
shareholders with scant regard for safety and repair of the
infrastructure.
For the record they have reduced track walking to once every 48 hours,
this not like the over ground where one train passes maybe four times
an hour, the underground has 5 in ten minutes, the track is under a
lot of strain. Saving 50% of the inspection cost two derailments -
unskilled walkers?
Give the Mayor full control and responsibility he has shown what can
be done with congestion and the buses. BK has already proved what can
be done with a metro system.

On 20 Oct 2003 09:39:13 -0700, (CJG Now
Thankfully Living In The North) wrote:

So not only do people in London pay high fares on the tube (and more
from January next year)
These high fares give them, without doubt an awful service (a fact the
mayor and most tube users would agree with).
You don't know if your next tube service will be your last.

It makes me wish and hope my next visit to London is as soon as
possible so I can once again enjoy the near death experince that is
London Underground (this could possibly contain some scarcasm)

This e-mail, and any attachment, may contain Confidential Information.
Receipt of this information does not imply nor entitle any rights
to possession or use. If you have received it in error, please delete
it from your system, do not use or disclose the information in any
way, and notify the sender immediately.
Chris
Box 2534 Tel. [44] 0 (20) 7609-1093
London, Fax. [44] 0 (20) 7609-6910