Old March 13th 07, 10:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner Recliner is offline

Default Worst line for reliability and best line for reliability?

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 22:25:58 GMT, wrote:

Does anyone know the answer to the question mentioned in the above
Subject. In terms of London Underground lines and can include the
DLR.

Note also that my terms relate to UK expectations of reliability.
Only DLR gets anywhere near to the levels of reliability delivered in
Japan, Singapore and Hong Kong. Regrettably I cannot see LU getting
to the standard of Asian metros for many years to come as it is a
real step change up from where the Tube is now or may even be post
upgrade - note this is my own opinion and not a LU company view (just
in case someone important is reading this ;-) )

I don't have detailed stats like Paul, but I had a couple of journeys
that were remarkable today for being perfect. My route involved Picc,
District and Jubilee trains, and on both the outbound and return
directions I didn't have to wait more than a minute for any of the six
trains. They did exactly what the TfL journey planner said they would.
They weren't over-crowded or dirty, there were no delays and no problems
(though one of the Jubilee Line drivers got irate on the PA when a
passenger apparently tried to interfere with the doors as we entered
Waterloo station). If only this perfect performance was the norm,
instead of the exception!