Old March 13th 07, 10:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
alex_t alex_t is offline

Default Foxy DLR

The lost land! The Bow back rivers area is one of my favourite places in
London; i don't know that i'd call it 'lost'. But then, i don't have to
live there!

Yes, they are nice - but as most things in the area they are very
neglected: dirty, smelly, etc. Well, the smell is not from rivers
actually, it comes from the sewer nearby (especially when the wind is
from the sea), but it stinks so bad...

The only reason that I live here is that I got a chance to rent a flat
in a brand new block (near the City Mill Lock) quite cheaply, and it
is nice to live in, or better to say - it *was* nice in the beginning.
As a first tenant on my floor (and one of the first in the entire
building) I witnessed gradual decline from the initial shiny new
building to current pig farm (which is of course quite logical, given
that most people living here behave like pigs). Add local yobs, polish/
eastern-european drunkards, a couple of recent bourglaries (not in my
flat thank god - *knocks on wood*), multiple letter boxes broken into
(I redirected most of my mail to work) - and it is no surprise that
I'm going to start searching for a better place soon... :-/