Old March 14th 07, 05:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John B John B is offline

Default Eurostar

On 14 Mar, 18:09, "Jack Taylor" wrote:
The new line for Eurostar services, known as High Speed 1, comes across Kent
and then over the Thames next to the Queen Elizabeth Bridge at Thurrock,
then running alongside the London, Tilbury and Southend line from Rainham to
Barking, where it enters a tunnel and runs roughly under the North London
line to the King's Cross railway lands, where it emerges to enter St.
Pancras.

There are two other major crossings in London. There is the East London line
tunnel, currently operated by London Underground but which will become part
of the overground network in due course. There is also a railway bridge at
Chelsea Harbour, that carries the West London line from the Willesden area
(with connections from other lines) to the south side of the river, from
where trains can access the Windsor (South West Trains) lines at Clapham
Junction, the Central (Southern) lines at Clapham Junction, the Brixton
lines (Southeastern), plus routes into both Waterloo and Victoria.

I think you may have forgotten a third major crossing, at Blackfriars!
(I accept that Charing Cross and Cannon Street aren't real crossings
in this context)

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org