Old March 14th 07, 08:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default A stock after closure of ELL

On Mar 14, 2:57 pm, " wrote:
Was just thinking about the ELL (yes I truly have no life) and got to
thinking:

When the East London line is closed this December, will the A stock be
used to reinforce any services on the Metropolitan line, or to
implement the change of the terminus from Aldgate to Barking before
the introduction of S stock? Or will they just be stored away and used
as spare sets in case of breakdown?

Edd

There isn't any dedicated stock for the ELL*, so I suppose it would
allow some A stock to be withdrawn as it came up for overhaul or
whatever, but it wouldn't be ELL stock as such.

*Only the double-ended units can be used on the ELL, but they still
spend the majority of their time on the Metropolitan.