Old March 14th 07, 08:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Frank Incense Frank Incense is offline

Default Eurostar

My experience to paris is
Plane
Leave house for 30 min journey to Luton and allow extra 30 min for M1 delays
at 11.00 am
Arrive Luton 2 hrs early
Plane leaves 50 min late
Arrive Paris (fly time only 40 min) add 1 hr time diff
Take Taxi to Central Paris 90 min
Finally arrived at Hotel around 7pm
Thats 7 Freakin hrs travelling (plus 1 hr diff) = 8 hrs

Eurostar
Leave at 11, take tube
Arrive Waterloo 12.00 for a 13.00 departure
Arrive Paris 16.30 (inclu time diff)
10 to 15 min taxi journey to hotel
arrive 16.45
Thats 4hr 30 plus 1 hr diff - total 5hr 30

Will NEVER fly to Paris from London ever again - also E* is much more
relaxing than fighting for seats and
going through the stresses and anxietiesof flying.

Have also noted that E* tend to drive on yellows when in UK ands only ever
attain high speed when across the water.

What allowance in Timetables are there as once missed the 5pm train and so
took the 6pm train which arrived in London just 30 min behind my original
arrival time and 30 mins BEFORE my my arrival time (if that all makes
sense)