Old March 14th 07, 10:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Jack Taylor Jack Taylor is offline

Default A stock after closure of ELL

TheOneKEA wrote:

Leaving the WLL in its current electrified state is a colossal
mistake. At a minimum the OHLE should be extended south to Shepherd's
Bush, and at a maximum, it should be extended south to Kensington
Olympia with the up platform road reinstated to provide four fully
bidirectional roads through the station, releasing capacity in both
directions to allow for additional passenger/freight usage (especially
if Imperial Wharf station ever opens).

Converting most of the NLL to AC would be a good idea.

Both of those comments scream out common sense. I'm sure that I read
somewhere (a couple of years ago) that there were plans to move the AC/DC
changeover point further south (it may even have been at Shepherds Bush
station) for practical reasons, BICBW.