Old March 14th 07, 03:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive D. W. Feather Clive D. W. Feather is offline

Default Central Line Timetable

In article , Peter Corser
writes
As an aside you may be aware that the train running numbers (set numbers)
shown in the time table were the direct digital equivalent of a hex number -
477 digital was stored as 477 hex and 477 was the highest number normally
used (there was also nothing between x78 and x99) which also saved bits (ot
sequence machine fingers).

Actually, I think you'll find that numbers on programme machine
controlled lines only went up to 377 - there were 8 bits for train
number.

The PM data I've seen wasn't organised by 8-bit byte, but simply had a
number of bits for each field. I thought that there were 6 minute bits,
5 hour bits, and a half-minute bit, but I could be misremembering here.

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work: