Old March 15th 07, 11:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Boltar Boltar is offline

Default A stock after closure of ELL

On Mar 14, 11:10 pm, "Jack Taylor" wrote:
TheOneKEA wrote:

Leaving the WLL in its current electrified state is a colossal
mistake. At a minimum the OHLE should be extended south to Shepherd's
Bush, and at a maximum, it should be extended south to Kensington
Olympia with the up platform road reinstated to provide four fully
bidirectional roads through the station, releasing capacity in both
directions to allow for additional passenger/freight usage (especially
if Imperial Wharf station ever opens).

Converting most of the NLL to AC would be a good idea.

Both of those comments scream out common sense. I'm sure that I read

Depends on the point of view. If its going to be used by freight
trains then yes , if its just EMUs probably going slowly then I doubt
it makes much difference from an electrical efficiency point of view
but from an asthetic point of view DC would be preferable. Lets face
it , OHLE is a bloody eyesore.

B2003