Old March 15th 07, 06:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default First Class in the south east

On 15 Mar, 11:47, "Andrea" wrote:
From my recent First Class journeys in the South East, I have found

that demand for it is practically non-existent on suburban routes
outside of peak hours - this is particularly my experience on the FCC
Bedford-East Croydon service.

However, I have found that these operators now have an off-peak 'First
Cheap Day Return'. FCC have this, as does FGW. Why do very few
people take up these offers, which seem to be good value for money?
Is there a general assumption that First Class is far too expensive?

Because I don't mind sitting with the real people.