Old March 15th 07, 07:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default First Class in the south east

On 15 Mar 2007 04:47:54 -0700, "Andrea" wrote:

Is there a general assumption that First Class is far too expensive?

Nationally, probably, though if a First Class Saver existed on all
long-distance routes with the same restrictions as the normal Saver
with the fare at 150% of the Standard Saver, I'd likely buy a few.

I think it's two things. Firstly, first class isn't seen as being
worth it for short journeys. Secondly, and perhaps most importantly,
first class on commuter services isn't a particularly high standard of
accommodation, as the benefit in the peaks is just that you get a
seat. The West Coast Desiros are a good example - you get more
legroom in Standard.

Neil

--
Neil Williams