Old March 15th 07, 08:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default North London Line Revisited

"Mizter T" wrote in message
ps.com...

TfL is to take control of the NLL (and other lines) in November - new
trains are on order for delivery in 2009, though they are only three
car too but should hopefully use the space a bit better. Upgrading
some of the stations to take longer trains is however a big job and
one that will need funds from central government - TfL could not do it
off it's own back.

I absolutely agree that it looks like it needs to be done, but I think
TfL will want to get their feet under the table first before they
start making demands for more money from the government - I'm sure
this explains the silence on this issue from TfL so far. Be certain
though that the bods at TfL Rail - and indeed the Mayor - are aware of
the state of the NLL, and are laying out their plans as we speak.

I feel there is a real risk that the shiny new trains will attract even more
new passengers than they have space for - its a pity the planned service
frequency increases can't be guaranteed to be delivered at the same time as
the trains...

Paul