Old March 15th 07, 09:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default First Class in the south east

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 19:55:06 +0000, wrote:

On 15 Mar 2007 12:09:11 -0700, "Mizter T" wrote:

Because I don't mind sitting with the real people.

Oh dear by "real people" do you mean people like the stupid women who
allowed her kid to run up and down the coach all the way from Euston
to Preston back in November nearly knocking the train manager off his
feet on one occasion .Or like the family who came pushing into my row
of seats a few weeks ago on a Belgium train and started treating the
train like they owned it not giving a damn about disturbing myself and
other passengers.
It is only the massive extra charge for first class that keeps me out
of there I can tell you, you can keep your "real people", this is the
only reason I own a car because it lets me keep well away from
your "real people" on public transport. I have a free travel card on
our local buses had it two years now and think I have only used it
four times .

Given that you apparently have no time for public transport or the
people who use it why are you bothering to read and post to a usenet
group about transport in London? Surely the delights of uk.transport
would be more appropriate given your preference for travelling in an
insulated metal box away from the travails of being near "real people"
rather than those nice artificial ones who cause traffic jams, cut you
up and generally drive like arseholes on Britain's roads. I'm sure you
must have come across one or two of them on your travels.

--
Paul C