Old March 15th 07, 10:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Spyke Spyke is offline

Default Another W&C Closure?

wrote:
"Spyke" wrote in message
This morning, one of my colleagues at work mentioned that he had heart an
announcement on LU about future works on the W&C line, which would mean
passengers could only use it in one direction?

I can't find anything about it on the TfL website, anyone know any more?
Or had my colleague just got confused?

The only reason I can think of is that they could be closing the arrivals
platform at Waterloo to install the lift (to go with the new 'humps').

What are the humps?

Raised sections in the platform which bring it up to train floor-level,
so that passengers in wheelchairs/with limited mobility can easily board
the trains.
(Given that the platforms at Bank and Waterloo are pretty straight, I
don't understand why they didn't raise the whole platform).