Old March 15th 07, 10:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Another W&C Closure?

"Spyke" wrote in message
"Spyke" wrote in message
This morning, one of my colleagues at work mentioned that he had heart
an announcement on LU about future works on the W&C line, which would
mean passengers could only use it in one direction?

I can't find anything about it on the TfL website, anyone know any more?
Or had my colleague just got confused?

The only reason I can think of is that they could be closing the
arrivals platform at Waterloo to install the lift (to go with the new
'humps').

What are the humps?

Raised sections in the platform which bring it up to train floor-level, so
that passengers in wheelchairs/with limited mobility can easily board the
trains.
(Given that the platforms at Bank and Waterloo are pretty straight, I
don't understand why they didn't raise the whole platform).

Bank is a crazy design. Walking from the DLR to the Central line is some
walk.