Old March 15th 07, 10:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Mobile phone coverage on the Waterloo and City line

wrote in message

"Mizter T" wrote in message
ups.com...
[crossposted to uk.railway - though I'll probably regret doing so!]
[originally posted to uk.transport.london]

On 15 Mar, 21:15, wrote:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/press-cent...ress-releases-...

Oh no!

If anyone wants some inside information on upcoming City deals, or
just the latest rumours going round the square mile, I suggest they
plant someone with good hearing on the W&C line platform at Waterloo
from about 6am onwards each day.

Just to clarify - coverage will only extend to the W&C platforms at
Waterloo and Bank, there won't be coverage when the train is in the
tunnel - i.e. when passengers are on a train that isn't in a station.

The Tyne & Wear Metro, however, has had mobile full mobile coverage -
i.e. in stations and in tunnels - since 2004...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/3495413.stm
http://www.vnunet.com/computing/news.../aye-pet-metro

Just had a look at the pics of the Metro it looks tiny.

In what respect? Althought they don't run trains as long as LU, they are
definitely standard gauge and have a bit more height than the deep tube
lines, and although I don't have measurements to hand I'm pretty sure they
are substantially bigger than DLR as well.

Paul