Old March 16th 07, 10:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Mayor says no tax rise for Games

On Thu, Mar 15, 2007 at 02:25:21PM -0700, alex_t wrote:

Well, I live in London only for a year (and 15 days), but I totally
support the Olympics ;-)

Then may I politely suggest that if you think they're such a great idea
you pay for them? I certainly don't want to.

Until you and like-minded people do that, I will vote for *any* political
party that promises to cancel the games.

What profiteth a man, if he win a flame war, yet lose his cool?