Old March 16th 07, 11:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london
alex_t alex_t is offline

Default Mayor says no tax rise for Games

Then may I politely suggest that if you think they're such a great idea
you pay for them? I certainly don't want to.

Well, amazing logic.
So... can I get a refund of all my National Insurance contributions?
(as a migrant on work permit I cannot get any benefits, so why should
I pay NI?) Also I'd like to get some of my taxes back, especially the
part spent on roads (as I don't have a car), trains (as I don't use
them), buses (don't use 'em either), child support benefits (as I
don't have a family).

And back in the real work - I live in London and pay my council tax in
full, so I guess I already pay for the Olympics in some way. I also
suffer from constant construction work - as I live on the border of
the Olympic park site.

Until you and like-minded people do that, I will vote for *any* political
party that promises to cancel the games.

It is certainly not up to me to decide whether Olympics should be in
London (not to mention that I can't vote).