Old October 21st 03, 11:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Busses

Paul Weaver wrote:
Smelly, slow and uninformative. Thanks to Walthamstow central being
closed, the "helpful" person at the gate (who barely spoke any
English), told me to get a bus to Leyton (Should have walked to
balckhorse road). Got on, you get the dreggs of the earth on them,
theres no information, no route maps on the bus telling you where you
are, they are constantly caught up in traffic (mainly other busses
pulling into and out of stops), and I got into work half an hour late.
I'm unimpressed.

Solution

1) Ban smelly people with things living in their hair
2) Each bus should have a route map like on the tube, so you can see
where you've been, where you are, and where you're going, complete
with interchanges onto the much superior underground and national rail
3) There should be announcments for each stop (whether the bus stops
there or not)

4) Ban people who can't spell buses.

The RV1 route in central London has (2) and (3).
--
Richard J.