Old March 16th 07, 06:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Edward Cowling London UK Edward Cowling London UK is offline

Default North London Line Revisited

In message .com,
Mizter T writes

Bikes definitely shouldn't be allowed on at peak times - and I speak
not as a bicycle hater but as a keen cyclist - when it's busy the
space available should be for people! Bizarrely I note that Silverlink
don't appear to have any policy banning bikes on the NLL at peak times
[1], which is pretty silly.

Yes. You can just see a fairly minor shunt somewhere leaving a lot of
people with handlebar size holes in vital areas. Then of course Silver
Link will be saying, "we had no idea, if only we'd been aware of the
problem."

Please understand that the following comment isn't me trying to be
belligerent, it really isn't, but if someone is paying £2 for a bus
fare on more than a few occasions then they're being a bit of a mug.
£1 with Oyster, or £1 with a Bus Saver ticket (sold as a carnet of 6
for £6).

After a long ponder on this I came to the conclusion that charging
double for those paying cash is not only probably illegal if someone
wanted to take it through the courts. But it's also just plain daft for
a Mayor purporting to serve the working people of London. And yes I am
sorry for using words like purporting on a Friday night :-)

Also bear in mind that the bulk of TfL's funding doesn't come from the
Congestion Charge, nor from the GLA's council tax levy, but from a
grant from central government.

I just got my Council Tax and I'm paying Ken about 450 quid this year.
(GLA part of my bill). So I'm determined to moan and groan about all his
many failings. :-)

--
Edward Cowling London UK