Old March 16th 07, 06:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Mayor says no tax rise for Games

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 23:32:54 +0000, wrote:

On 15 Mar 2007 14:25:21 -0700, "alex_t"
wrote:

As a born and bred Londoner I think it's absolutely great
that it's coming to London, and it seems that the various
announcements today regarding decisions on the funding of the games
should mean that the resulting turbulence is by and large dealt with
now rather than later.

Well, I live in London only for a year (and 15 days), but I totally
support the Olympics ;-)

Put you money where your mouth is then and get you wallet out then and
go and see Coe .
You know up here in Lancashire we got all this claptrap about some
big games and athletics fiasco that was being held in Manchester maybe
a couple of years or so ago ,was it the commonwealth games or
something ? . Oh yes the fiasco was going to do wonders for the city
of Manchester and would place no burden on the tax payers of
Manchester in the event the fiasco did bugger all for Manchester
except cause a lot of traffic congestion cost a mint in police
resources and also put up the council tax for the people of Greater
Manchester and two of the built venues are now unoccupied and dropping
to pieces .
Besides, something *must* be done with local wastelands...

WHY ?????? .
We have wastelands in my city always have had far back has I can
remember oh yes the town council ( before it got city status ) did has
you say did something with them they built two spanking new large
housing estates on them and filled the houses with scumbags who
totally wrecked most of the housing stock within ten years now the
estates are full of drug takers and pushers .

Do you freelance as the part time editor of the Daily Mail and Sunday
Express? You appear to hold the same abhorrent views of our country,
society and residents as those erstwhile journals.

Is it really necessary to be making reference to scumbags in some
Northern City on a group about transport in London? Sure we go off topic
at times but I am failing to see the relevance of your rantings about
the Olympics.
--
Paul C