Old March 16th 07, 07:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
KenS KenS is offline

Default Route & Ticket info : Whetstone - East Croydon

On 12 Mar, 15:52, Michael Hoffman wrote:
Sam wrote:
Hi

Looking for some help here, my partner has just had a change of job (And
location). *She currently has a Zone 1 - 4 Annual Oyster expiring in July,
living equidistant from Totteridge & Whetstone LU and Oakleigh Park BR.
Her new job is located 2 mins from East Croydon station (Zone 5)

Ticketing wise I suggeseted getting a monthly Oyster extension for just Zone
5 until her annual runs out, however our local ticketing office said she
would have to buy a Zone 5 & 6 period travelcard. *Looking through the TFL
fares guide, that appears to be correct, is there no way of adding One zone
to an existing ticket ?

You can exchange the ticket once. See page 4 of
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/downloads/pdf/fares-tickets/oyster-wallet-i....
--
Michael Hoffman

Or she could buy a point-to-point NR season ticket from Norwood Junc
to East Croydon. This would limit her to the London Bridge - East
Croydon route though, although if she wanted to go via Victoria on the
odd occasion and be honest she could buy a daily extension to or from
Selhurst. (Given no PAYG availability at the moment to ECR).

Ken