Old October 21st 03, 11:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Jason Jason is offline

Default Busses

On 21 Oct 2003 02:37:55 -0700, (Paul Weaver)
wrote:

Smelly, slow and uninformative. Thanks to Walthamstow central being
closed, the "helpful" person at the gate (who barely spoke any
English), told me to get a bus to Leyton (Should have walked to
balckhorse road).

Or -
1. Got the WAGN train to St James Streeet, and then walked to
Blackhorse Road.
2. Got the WAGN train to Liverpool Sreeet, and then continued via
Underground from there.
3. Got the Silverlink train from Walthamstow Queens Road to Blackhorse
Road.

Getting on a bus after an Underground station closure is rarely an
efficient way out of the mess. Luckily for people in Walthamstow it is
not the only option.

Got on, you get the dreggs of the earth on them,

Are you sure this wasn't just the fact of being in Leyton? ;-)

theres no information, no route maps on the bus telling you where you
are, they are constantly caught up in traffic (mainly other busses
pulling into and out of stops), and I got into work half an hour late.

Perhaps if you had an alternative plan in case of such an event, you
might have found the journey easier.

I'm unimpressed.

Not much we can do about that. Claim your refund at
http://tube.tfl.gov.uk/charter/

Cheers,

Jason.