Old March 17th 07, 07:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Eurostar

wrote in message

Bournemouth has hourly trains in fact, throughout most of the day to
somewhere up north or other, be it left, middle or right, although the
destinations become a little nearer during the evening, I guess the
drivers
don't like being in strange places late at night...

Paul

We have a Bournemouth train come through Preston around midday but that
is the only through service from Preston to the southcoast resorts
that I know of .We do have I think two a day to the southwest though
but Portsmouth and all points east are a no no from here direct .

Northbound from Bournemouth:
3 to Edinburgh, via ECML
3 to Edinburgh, via WCML
4 to Manchester
1 each to Glasgow, Newcastle and Leeds

There are 3 northbound trains a day stop at Preston, but only two the other
way, which of course is fairly typical XC.

Paul