Old March 17th 07, 11:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Ernst S Blofeld Ernst S Blofeld is offline

Default North London Line Revisited

Edward Cowling London UK wrote:
I think you're being a might near sighted about this. I'm sure a great
many tourists arrive here without a clue about Oyster and (to their
mind) get ripped off for expensive fares.

The entire point of the tourism industry is to get people to spend as
much of their money here as possible - it isn't supposed to be a
benevolent charity or even a value proposition. Tourists should pay as
much for travel as the market can sustain, at least as far as it won't
dissuade them from visiting as many high-cost venues as possible.

As the film "Mafia!" said in regard to Vegas tourists; "The smart ones
just send us the money and save on plane fare".

ESB