Old March 17th 07, 05:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul G Paul G is offline

Default Central Line Timetable

In message , Paul Corfield
writes
On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 10:36:14 +0000, Dave A wrote:

However, the online
version comes out rather oddly - it shows the full timetable *except*
for between 10pm and 11pm where it says "every 14-15 minutes"... I think
that's some issue with the software that auto-generates the timetables.

Some issue?

rant mode

More like the thing is completely rubbish and simply finds the narrowest
and widest intervals and then uses that to state the service frequency.
It's appalling and given that the system has the underlying detail for
every line and every bus route I utterly fail to see what that cannot be
made available to those who need it while a more sensible and intuitive
approach is found for those who prefer "simpler" information.

Hah! As long as it's not just me. I thought I was being picky. But I
think it's control freakery/madness when independent websites such as
http://www.busmap.org/ are no longer able to produce the timetables?

Unless I'm misunderstanding the message: "Important Message. London
Buses no longer produce timetables for the main bus network.
Unfortunately therefore I am unable to display a current timetable for
this route. Please contact London Buses for further information."

Luckily http://www.londonbusroutes.net/routes.htm still has the
information (though not as prettily displayed! [1]), just a shame no one
produces similar for the Underground. Thank goodness for enthusiasts!!

[1] but possible more accessible for visually impaired users.
--
Paul G
Typing from Barking