Old March 18th 07, 12:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Michael Hoffman Michael Hoffman is offline

Default Eurostar

J Clavox wrote:
On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 08:01:49 +0000, Paul Terry
wrote:

I suspect that services in south London were so badly
disrupted by the 24-hour closure that trying to get the large numbers
carried by Eurostar through the mess was just impossible.

I had to smile when I read what you wrote here and I am sure you must
know more than I do Paul BUT every time I have traveled
London/Brussels/London with the exception of once two coaches would
have been sufficient. I usually travel outward by the 15.40 on a
Tuesday and return Wednesday by the 14.59 the first time I traveled it
was on a Monday afternoon and the train was heaving .

The reason the tickets are cheaper Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons is
because these are the least crowded services.
--
Michael Hoffman