Old March 18th 07, 12:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default Eurostar

"J Clavox" wrote in message
On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 08:01:49 +0000, Paul Terry
wrote:

I suspect that services in south London were so badly
disrupted by the 24-hour closure that trying to get the large numbers
carried by Eurostar through the mess was just impossible.

I had to smile when I read what you wrote here and I am sure you must
know more than I do Paul BUT every time I have traveled
London/Brussels/London with the exception of once two coaches would
have been sufficient. I usually travel outward by the 15.40 on a

I am sure that you can work out that Friday afternoon/evening
is going to be the peak traffic flow of the week.

It was also stated that this weekend was one of the busier of
the season, though I'm struggling to work out why (it's not half
term is it?)

tim