Old March 18th 07, 12:58 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
D7666 D7666 is offline

Default St Pancras 'Midland Road'

On Mar 17, 8:36 am, (Nick Leverton) wrote:

Hitachi Class 395, not "Javelin".

But this won't stop someone calling them 6Jav soon - or even 6Jap.

I think you could have just coined a phrase there, Nick

Well possibly )

The -ap bit has a SR connection - 2Hap - and Kent certainly has major
association with the 2Hap fleet even though the -a and the p have no
common meaining.

And again the were 6Pan (so now 6 ja-Pan) , 6Jap could also mean Japan
And Pancras (6 jap-pan) and so on, there are several possibilites
here.

Might provide some amusement for uk.railway debates in the 22nd
century when someone asks what 20th/21st century SR EMU acronyms
meant.

I have to add 'Jap' is not a term I would normally use myself - but I
can't help feeling it is an obvious one that might come into common
parlance.

--
Nick