Old March 18th 07, 03:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default Eurostar

wrote in message
On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 13:47:29 -0000, "tim....."
wrote:

I am sure that you can work out that Friday afternoon/evening
is going to be the peak traffic flow of the week.

Had it been travel solely in the UK yes but I would but never had
thought the same thinking could be applied to Eurostar services
has I thought most people would fly to European destinations anyway.

E* has more than 50% of the market for the destinations that
it serves. So, most people who want to go to Paris go by E*.

Paris being a significant tourist destination means that many
of the people that do go from London to Paris are tourists.
Tourists like to travel to short destinations for the weekend,
so Friday is a significant day for travel to these destinations.

And then there is the business people who like to do the
reverse, travel out on Monday and back on Friday, so many
of those will travel on Friday as well.

Plus all the day trip people which probably doesn't change
much from day to day (in the same season)

All in all, Friday is going to be the busiest day of the week
by far for this type of destination.

tim