Old March 18th 07, 06:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london
David of Broadway David of Broadway is offline

Default North London Line Revisited

wrote:
I visited New York City a while ago, and I thought that you could buy a
single fare for $2, albeit in the form of a magnetic strip.

That was a SingleRide card. It's essentially a paper MetroCard with a
two-hour time limit and no intermodal transfers.

BTW, what are they doing over there in terms of introducing a SmartCard for
longer lengths of time? Those flimsy MetroCards with their magnetic strips
are so out of fashion.

We're working on it! A pilot program was recently completed on the
Lexington Avenue line.
--
David of Broadway
New York, NY, USA