Old March 18th 07, 09:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default North London Line Revisited

In article ,
(David of Broadway) wrote:

Michael R N Dolbear wrote:
David of Broadway wrote

Prepared for what? I had no trouble obtaining an Oyster card at
Heathrow. And I can't understand why anyone who lives in the
London area or ever visits the London area wouldn't have an Oyster
card.

Me me me (I live near but outside the zones on a NR line).

And for me a paper one day travel card was better value and now I
have a railcard, even better value.

I will admit that I have never been able to figure out ticketing
outside the zones.

A paper ODTC is great if you'll be doing a lot of traveling once in
London, but what if you'll only be taking one or two trips?

That's why I now have an Oyster card. When I started working in London in
late 2001, the extra over a cheap day return with Network Card discount
for an ODTC was 60p. It's now £3.30 more, so for two zone 1 tube journeys
the Oyster is cheaper. So much for integrated ticketing!

--
Colin Rosenstiel