Old October 21st 03, 12:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Nigel Pendse Nigel Pendse is offline

Default Another Tube derailment - Camden Town

"chris" wrote in message

I am sorry to inform Nigel that fares do go to the Contractors running
the rail infrastructure, travel card income is split between the
organisations of bus underground and NR, this forms part of the
scheme paying for the services these render, the fares received at
underground stations for UG fares go directly into the underground
pot. The internal payment is scheme is a complex web as decoding the
original contracts and the basis of complaints and legal challenge of
the Mayor. The payments out is greater than the income, if I remember
correctly some £50 million.

Are you saying that the maintenance companies are paid a percentage of the
fare income? I'm sure that isn't the case above ground, where maintenance
contracts with NR have nothing to do with fare income, which goes to TOCs --
is it the case with the even-more-complex UG PPP scheme?