Old October 21st 03, 01:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Busses

Jason wrote:
On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 10:35:54 GMT, "Richard J."
wrote:

4) Ban people who can't spell buses.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=buses
bus
n. pl. bus·es or bus·ses
[snip]

It's not the OED I know, but is accepted.

Accepted in the US, maybe. The site uses American dictionaries and is based
in Los Angeles, so it's not surprising that it includes the American variant
spelling "busses". The plural of "bus" in British English is always
"buses". (Source: New Oxford Dictionary of English, 2001)
--
Richard J.