Old March 18th 07, 11:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Jack Taylor Jack Taylor is offline

Default North London Line Revisited

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article ,
(Jack Taylor) wrote:

As are the 313s, so I don't exactly see your point. However, whilst
the Euston - Watford services were exclusively the preserve of the
three-car 501s, before handing over to three-car 313s, the North
Woolwich services spent some time in the hands of two-car Southern
Region class 416 2-EPBs, post-501 and pre-313.

Ah! I thought they had used some Southern units. Didn't they ever run
in pairs?

Now you're testing my powers of recall, Colin! I don't remember ever seeing
any and, as far as I know, some stations (such as Willesden Junction)
wouldn't be able to take four cars, so I'm presuming not - unless anyone
else knows better.