Old March 18th 07, 11:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london
David of Broadway David of Broadway is offline

Default North London Line Revisited

David of Broadway wrote:
Paul Corfield wrote:

until the
yanks stop treating all visitors as potential criminals and terrorists
it will be a long time before I visit again despite the fact I love the
city.

If it's any consolations, citizens are treated similarly.

In under two years, we'll have a new president.

On second thought, might I suggest reconsidering?

Currently, most of our B Division (former BMT/IND, with lettered route
designations) routes run at least some rolling stock with windows at the
front of the train, with a nice view of the track ahead (like on DLR).
Unfortunately, most if not all of that older rolling stock -- the R-32,
R-38, R-40, and R-42 -- is slated to be replaced by the R-160 order,
which has already started coming in.

In particular, these ...

http://greenberger.no-ip.com/gallery...2_itemId=52000
http://greenberger.no-ip.com/gallery...2_itemId=42146
http://greenberger.no-ip.com/gallery...2_itemId=51538
http://greenberger.no-ip.com/gallery...2_itemId=43700

.... are being replaced by these ...

http://greenberger.no-ip.com/gallery...2_itemId=42126
http://greenberger.no-ip.com/gallery...2_itemId=39895
http://greenberger.no-ip.com/gallery...2_itemId=42715
http://greenberger.no-ip.com/gallery...2_itemId=39875

We've already lost front windows on the A Division (former IRT), except
on the Flushing-bound 7. Don't wait until they're gone from the B
Division too!

If anybody's planning to visit New York, send me an email and I'll tell
you where you can find what.
--
David of Broadway
New York, NY, USA