Old March 19th 07, 04:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default North London Line Revisited

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 20:41:05 -0400, David of Broadway
wrote:

David of Broadway wrote:
Paul Corfield wrote:

until the
yanks stop treating all visitors as potential criminals and terrorists
it will be a long time before I visit again despite the fact I love the
city.

If it's any consolations, citizens are treated similarly.

In under two years, we'll have a new president.

On second thought, might I suggest reconsidering?

You may make any suggestion you wish.

I very much doubt that I will change my mind. If I decided I wanted to
travel to somewhere that made no pretence that it was other than a
dictatorship with highly restrictive entry rules then I would know I
would have to submit to stupid security and immigration checks. It would
be my express choice to submit to such stupidity.

To have to do the same to travel to "the land of the free" which spends
billions allegedly spreading freedom and democracy around the world I
find unacceptable. I appreciate I am losing out my not visiting what I
recognise as a true world city but then the American economy is also
losing out my not having me as a visitor. What goes around comes around.
One day someone will relax the rules to what is acceptable.

Currently, most of our B Division (former BMT/IND, with lettered route
designations) routes run at least some rolling stock with windows at the
front of the train, with a nice view of the track ahead (like on DLR).
Unfortunately, most if not all of that older rolling stock -- the R-32,
R-38, R-40, and R-42 -- is slated to be replaced by the R-160 order,
which has already started coming in.

In particular, these ...

http://greenberger.no-ip.com/gallery...2_itemId=52000
http://greenberger.no-ip.com/gallery...2_itemId=42146
http://greenberger.no-ip.com/gallery...2_itemId=51538
http://greenberger.no-ip.com/gallery...2_itemId=43700

Excellent pictures.

If anybody's planning to visit New York, send me an email and I'll tell
you where you can find what.

In the meantime I get my small NYPD subway fix by watching the truly
excellent video to George Michael's Killer / Papa was a rolling stone. I
was going to set you the challenge to see if you could identify the
various locations as they seem to be archetypal shots of subway trains /
junctions. Not too bothered by the stations as they are particularly
difficult to identify.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH6GIr_O07o

--
Paul C