Old March 19th 07, 08:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Creature Creature is offline

Default Tree lights

On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 14:52:01 -0000, John Rowland wrote:
The other night I was standing in a road which had trees on both sides every
twenty metres or so, and also had lampposts at a similar sort of spacing. It
occurred to me that they could have hung the lamps from the trees, and so
not needed the poles, and the street would have looked a lot better. Is
there a reason this isn't done?

There are some trees on London Road in Elephant & Castle that have lights
in them, but they're more for decoration than lighting. They are, however,
quite pretty.

--
Alex Pounds (Creature) .~. http://www.alexpounds.com/
/V\ http://www.ethicsgirls.com/