Old March 19th 07, 09:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default North London Line Revisited

On Mar 19, 10:44 pm, James Farrar wrote:
On 19 Mar 2007 14:43:56 -0700, "MIG"
wrote:

On Mar 19, 7:12 pm, James Farrar wrote:
On 19 Mar 2007 11:07:38 -0700, "MIG"
wrote:

But I do have to change at the boundary on LU. It happens to me
repeatedly when, for practical reasons, I have a paper travelcard for
zones 1 and 2 plus some Oyster PAYG credit and have to go so somewhere
like Canning town (as I did on several occasions last year). I had to
keep changing at North Greenwich, which involves quite a long trip to
the gates, adding about ten minutes in each direction.

Yeah, looks really practical to me.

?

"Practical" refers to why I would have a paper travelcard for everyday
use (Oyster shop in opposite direction to station etc.)

The ten-minute change is what I then have to do in order to use my
PAYG credit to go an extra zone occasionally, or else pay £4 for an
extension.

If you're wasting 10 minutes changing at a station, I suggest that
having a paper travelcard is not practical

Oh OK. I'll move house then.