Old March 19th 07, 09:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london
TimB TimB is offline

Default North London Line Revisited

On Mar 19, 10:05 pm, (Colin Rosenstiel) wrote:
In article . com,

(TimB) wrote:
On Mar 19, 6:35 pm, (Colin Rosenstiel) wrote:

That is steady/declining, while container freight from the
ports is booming, which is the root of this problem.

The containers don't *all* go to the Midlands and "oop North".

I'd say most of the ones that go /by train/ do - London containers
are largely trucked in direct from Tilbury/Felixstowe, I'd assume.

How many rail container facilities are there in London, then?

Just Tilbury and Willesden, I guess - that's why I assume most
containers come by truck ie lorry.