Old March 20th 07, 10:24 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Recliner Recliner is offline

Default Asfordby to be used to test air conditioned tube trains

"Kev" wrote in message
oups.com
On Mar 20, 10:40 am, "John Rowland"
wrote:
alex_t wrote:
Sub-surface stock (Met/District/Circle/H&C) will be
air-conditioned. Tube stock will only have air-conditioning in the
driver's cabs. Trials of groundwater colling are being carried out
at Victoria.

Note to myself: rent next flat within walking distance from Met/
District/Circle/H&C.

Note to myself: rent basement flat within spitting distance of
Victoria.

I wonder why Metronet and Tubelines can't club together and have a
joint test track instead of two seperate ones at double the cost.

Does Tube Lines have a separate test track, apart from the 900m
signalling test track within Highgate depot or the fourth track at South
Ealing? As (I think) it's using a different signalling system to
Metronet, there doesn't seem to be much point in using the same test
track.

As far as new trains are concerned, I assume it'll be a few years before
new Piccadilly Line trains need testing. In contrast, Metronet has
all-new fleets coming soon for the Victoria Line and all the subsurface
lines -- a very large fleet of getting on for 2000 cars.