Old March 20th 07, 06:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Another W&C Closure?

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007, Jack Taylor wrote:

Richard J. wrote:

But until you do, you can't use the new stock! To accommodate the two
heights at a single platform, the platform level needs to be a
compromise. If it's level with either stock, the other stock would be
unreasonably low or high. Anyway, where does it say that S stock floors
will be at tube stock height? I don't believe that's true.

Neither do I. How would that work on the Metropolitan, where all platforms
are "normal" height and platforms from Harrow northwards are shared with
standard gauge overground stock (Chiltern)?

Kneeling suspension?

tom

--
Destroy - kill all hippies.