Old March 20th 07, 09:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Beck map 75th anniversary next year

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:
"Richard J." typed

John Rowland wrote:
Does anyone know if TfL are planning to commemorate it in any way?
Apart from Ken Livingstone declaring it to be world famous London
icon, and then banning it.

Have I missed something? In what sense has Ken Livingstone
"banned" the Beck map?

I think it was a reference to the fate of the Routemaster...

Oh, *that* was what I missed! Thanks, Helen.

Still, you can't blame Livingstone for banning the Routemaster, what
with its external staircase, and the peculiar clothes that its
passengers wore ...
(See the photo and its caption at
http://www.usatoday.com/travel/news/...03-buses_x.htm )

--