Old March 20th 07, 09:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
asdf asdf is offline

Default stansted express delay

On 20 Mar 2007 15:29:02 -0700, wrote:

Yesterday on March 19th I have been using your train to get from
Liverpool Street to Stansted airport. Because of train delay (approx
45-50 minutes) and longer trip as usual I was too late at the boarding
gate and I have missed the flight. Ryanair charged me 100GBP for
change of destination city, I've paid another 40 GBP for a train and I
have been 8 hours later at destination than I should be. Is there any
chance to get refund/compensation from them ?

The most you'll get is a refund of the train fare; on the railways
there is no compensation for consequential loss. However, you should
be able to claim the money back through your travel insurance (if you
had any).