Old March 21st 07, 12:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit
BH Williams BH Williams is offline

Default North London Line Revisited

"Jack Taylor" wrote in message
Adrian wrote:

Well that pretty much covers what I was looking for in my request for
statistics. It would seem that most freight utilizing the North
London Line is not bound for London. Some maybe terminating at
Willesden.

Just how much does Willesden Container Terminal handle, though? Whenever
I've been past it it always looks closed, there is rarely much change in
the train formations present and I haven't seen a train with a loco on the
end of it in there for two to three years. I'd have thought that it was
pretty redundant in the great scheme of things.

I believe there is a daily train from Thamesport, whilst GTS were loading
some traffic there until recently. There is also a cement terminal on part
of the site, with traffic from the Peak District.
Brian